1. Be sure that you are ready to join the volunteer family and begin volunteer work at AIRS.
2. Turn in ALL of your volunteer paperwork.
3. Wait for an email response from an AIRS team member to schedule your volunteer orientation.
To sign up, please download the [download id=”3990″] and [download id=”3785″]. Complete all forms and send them as an attachment in an email to [email protected]. Next, please download and print the [download id=”4067″] The manual will provide a pre-orientation and resources to learn more about the Refugee Resettlement Program. After that, wait for an email from our volunteer coordinator to set up an appointment for your orientation and start date! Feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns by email at [email protected]
Please note: Most volunteer jobs occur during regular business hours Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, at or near our office, located in North Phoenix, 10240 N31st Ave #112 Phoenix AZ 85051.
AIRS volunteer opportunities include:
- Providing transportation to and from medical appointments
- Providing translation and interpretation
- Teaching English as a second language
- Helping with fundraisers or events
- Helping the office with technical support
- Assisting staff with cultural orientation
- Picking up donations and transporting them to clients
- Be an advocate for the community
- Mentoring a refugee family
- Community outreach